In this article, we have explained the process to setup Canon printer wired and wirelessly on Windows and Mac device. In order to setup printer, it is important to install the latest drivers. However, it is important that you know printer model number, so that you can find latest Canon.com/ijsetup Drivers. You need to have a router or modem at your home to do this connection and the access points should also work properly. You should have a device with an internet connection to make this Canon ij setup on computer or on smartphone.
Detailed Installation Steps For Canon IJ Setup
In this section we have explained the in depth process of setting up the printer. Make sure that you follow all the below mentioned steps presicely.
Download software – Canon doesn’t provide the manual CD for driver installation any more. Therefore, it becomes vital to download your printers correct model driver. Further ensure that you have downloaded driver as per your OS version compatibility (Windows or MAC).
Choose Wireless connection for Canon.com/ijsetup – Choose Wireless connection For Canon ij printer setup After successful download of your printer driver, double click on it to begin with the installation process. Now, from the screen where it says “select a method to connect the printer”, choose the option of “wireless connection”. Whereas for wired connection, choose the option of “USB connection”.
The Mac users may be prompted to enter their password while doing this step. So enter your correct password and proceed to the next step.
Switch ON the Canon ij printer setup – switch on the canon printer Now at this stage of the setup you need to switch on your Canon ij setup printer. Further make sure that printer is connected well with the power outlet to avoid any loose connection problems.
Connection Via Cable less setup – Connection Via Cableless setup After selecting the “Wireless Connection” option from your computer, press and hold the WiFi alarm lamp key present on your printer till the time the lamp adjacent to it flashes twice.
Flashing blue and green lamps – Flashing blue and green lamps Now you will find blue Wi-Fi lamp flashing along with the green lamp. This means that your printer has been successfully connected with your WiFi router and is ready for a wireless connection. Hence, one on to the next installation step from your printer.
Agree on the terms – Agree on the terms After this, you need to follow the given steps to agree on the license agreement and the addition of necessary details about your region. You will find that there is the name of the printer model along with the wireless network on the screen.
Complete the Canon ij Printer Setup - You can click ‘complete’ when you see the wireless network with the printer model on the screen. In this way, the Canon IJ setup is finished. You don’t need to be an expert to do this task but any person who knows to use a computer can finish this setup easily. Whether you have bought a new printer or you are using the older one, wireless setup can be really helpful for you. In this digital age, wireless connection with a printer can allow you to make better use of it.
Setting Up Canon IJ Printer With USB
1. If you are unable to locate your printer after you’re done with your canon printer setup or go through with canon.com/ijsetup then you have to select ‘setup network connection via USB’ and jump onto NEXT.
2. A screen will follow from which you have to jump towards canon ij setup and connecting your printer with your computer by attaching the USB cable. If you are a MAC user then click on NEXT.
3. After all this is done then you will notice on the screen the access point with which your computer is connected with. If you want your printer to associate with that particular wireless network then go ahead, click YES.
4. If you are a MAC user, then direct towards clicking ALLOW. Then a screen will appear from which you have to dismantle your printer from the computer and select NEXT. If you are a Windows user, click on COMPLETE.
5. This is only for MAC users, after the attachment of your printer with your computer the access point will be featured and then you’ve to click on OK. Then jump onto ADD PRINTER. 6. On the screen thereafter click on the particular driver version that you are looking for and click on ADD. For completion of the whole ij.start.canon setup, jump onto NEXT.
Canon Wireless Printer Setup on Windows
Steps to Setup Canon Wireless Printer
1. Firstly, switch on the Canon ij printer setup power button.
2. Go to the settings option on your printer screen and select down arrow button to choose ‘Device Settings’ option and press ‘OK’.
3. Now select “LAN Settings” option and press on “OK” .
4. Press down arrow button again to choose the ‘Wireless LAN Setup’ and hit ‘OK’.
5. At this point your Canon printer will search for wireless network (make sure that your router is turned on) and flash lamp will blink.
6. Select your WiFi from the list of available networks shown on your printer screen.
7. On the next screen enter the WPA/WEP key (WiFi password) and Press ‘OK’.
8. Now again click on the ‘Ok’ button to finish the wireless setup.
9. Now, go the the website canon.com/ijsetup to download the printer driver and thereafter complete the installation process.
10. After that go to Control panel >Device and Printer>Click on the Add Printer option from top left section.
If you are facing any problems with any of the printer options or mistakenly you selected some options of which you had no idea. You can perform a factory reset on the printer, to setup and manual related issues are solved on Canon.com/ijsetup to help it install all the default options provided by the manufacturer. For restoring the default setting of the printer, you have to press and hold the cancel or the resume button. You have to hold it till the alarm beside it flashes for 17 times straight. After the 17th flash, you can let go of the button.